Client Access CPYTO and CPYFRM

fixed

>> file from the 400 to an Excel Spreadsheet.  For conversion purposes I
want  to upload that back to the 400.  I dont seem to be able to get
this to work. <<

I can't comment on gui400. I'm still using Win31, but I can tell you
that in my environment, I've found that exporting excel to .dif format
seems to be the most reliable way if getting the data back on the
AS/400. The general procedure is:

1. Download an empty version of your AS/400 file, specifying that you
want the definitions saved (.fdf). This will get the data definitions
down to the PC so that character set conversion can take place.

2. Export your worksheet to .dif format

3. Upload it, making sure to specify the .fdf file created in 1.

hth
Pete

--
 - Pete Hall peteh@earth.inwave.com