FYI, here is a quick and dirty MI front-end: "Create a Program On-the-Fly".
You type your MI source code right onto the command prompter or command
line.  No need for SEU rigmarole.  To re-edit source, press F9=Retrieve on
a command line.  I use this to test quick little one-time ideas in MI.  For
example,

CRTPOTF PGM(QTEMP/TESTER) +
        CODE('DCL DD SHOW AUTO CHAR(4096);' +
             'DCL DD * DEF(SHOW) POS(1) BIN(4) INIT(4096);' +
             'DCL SPCPTR ?SHOW AUTO INIT(SHOW);' +
             'MATINVS ?SHOW, *;' +
             'BRK "LOOK";')

/********************************************************************/
/*  COMMAND  - CRTPOTF                                              */
/*  FUNCTION - Create a Program On-the-Fly                          */
/*  AUTHOR   - Gene Gaunt                                           */
/********************************************************************/

             CMD        PROMPT('Create a Program On-the-Fly')

             PARM       KWD(PGM) TYPE(Q1) MIN(1) PROMPT('Program')

 Q1:         QUAL       TYPE(*NAME) MIN(1)
             QUAL       TYPE(*NAME) DFT(*CURLIB) SPCVAL((*CURLIB +
                          *CURLIB)) PROMPT('Library')

             PARM       KWD(CODE) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(80) MAX(300) +
                          PROMPT('MI source code')

/********************************************************************/
/*  PROGRAM  - CRTPOTF                                              */
/*  PURPOSE  - Create a Program On-the-Fly                          */
/*  LANGUAGE - CL                                                   */
/*  AUTHOR   - Gene Gaunt                                           */
/********************************************************************/

pgm        (&program  &code)
dcl        &program  *char  20
dcl        &code     *char  9999
dcl        &error    *char  142
dcl        &size     *char  4
dcl        &text     *char  50
dcl        &x        *dec   4

chgvar     &x  (%bin(&code 1 2) * 80 + 3)
chgvar     %sst(&code 1   2)  '  '
chgvar     %sst(&code &x 22)  '/*''/*''/*"/*"*/;PEND;;;'
chgvar     %bin(&size  1  4)  (&x + 21)
chgvar     %bin(&error 1  4)  142
chgvar     %sst(&error 9 28)  ('CPC0815' *bcat &program)
ovrprtf    QSYSPRT  splfname(%sst(&program 1 10))
call       QPRCRTPG  (&code +
                      &size +
                      &program +
                      &text +
                      '*NONE' +
                      ' ' +
                      ' ' +
                      'QSYSPRT   *LIBL' +
                      x'00000001' +
                      '*ALL' +
                      '*LIST      *ATR       *REPLACE' +
                      x'00000003' +
                      &error)
sndpgmmsg  msgid(%sst(&error 9 7)) +
              msgf(QCPFMSG)  msgdta(%sst(&error 17 126))
endpgm