From: Steve Richter <srichter@AutoCoder.com>
> > maybe I can be clearer:
> > 3) convert result to binary number for each code
> > and store that number in an array(n) for code
> > number n
>
> I am not following this closely enough to know for sure, but I dont think
> the "convert the bit pattern to a binary nbr" works.  You have to know
where
> the bit pattern ends to do this and you dont know where the bits end until
> you first test 3 bits, then 4 bits, .... up to 12 bits.

00110101oooo = 0    -- 848
000111oooooo = 1    -- 448
0111oooooooo = 2    -- 1792
1000oooooooo = 3    -- 2048
1011oooooooo = 4    -- 2816

011100000000  -- 1792
011100000001  -- 1793
011100000010  -- 1794
011111111111  -- 2047
will all be assigned the number 2
so TABLE[1792] will be 2,
TABLE[1793] will be 2,
TABLE[2047] will  be 2.

Once I have the number 2 I can look up in
another table to know that the code for 2
has 4 bits, then start the next 12-bit number
4 bits further in the source string.