Correct, Doug, but any method of repealing the interactive tax, be it
Fast400's "flip off IBM's bit" method, or my method of actually
re-engineering programs to remove the 5250 I/O, helps you during your normal
hardware upgrade cycle.  You can either choose a smaller box and use the
money elsewhere, or use the money you save on the interactive feature to buy
more a machine with more overall CPW.

Also, note that by staying in the 35CPW and under range, you are generally
in a smaller processor tier, thereby reducing your software costs as well.
This is how we market Envoy/PSC400: the product pays for itself, while at
the same time giving you web access to your applications.

Joe Pluta
www.plutabrothers.com