  • Subject: Re: odd list object api behavior
  • From: edfishel@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2000 16:22:29 -0600

Brian,

>I'm sorry, I'm still a bit unclear and I'm not near my AS/400 to do tests.
>
>If I use QUSLOBJ to list *ALL/*ALL *USRPRF, the destination space is
>loaded with all user profiles, even user profiles to which I am not
>authorized.

This sounds like the API is working correctly. Note: By specifying optional
parameter group 2 you can indicate the authority the API user must have to
an object before detailed information for that object will be included in
the list. In a future release the API documentation will be clarified with
a statement something like this:

The object name and object type information in format OBJL0100 are always
returned regardless of the users authority to each object. An information
status field is returned in format OBJL0200 and above, which indicates
whether or not the user that called the API has authority to the object.  A
value of 'A' in the information status field indicates that the user is not
authorized to the object.  If the user is not authorized to the object, no
detailed information is returned for the object. To return detailed object
information, any authority except *EXCLUDE is needed when optional
parameter group 2 is not specified.

>            I was not able to actually retrieve these user profiles from
>the space, however.
>
>It seems that if I use QUSLOBJ as an unpriviledged user, I am not able to
>retrieve from the space *any* objects, even objects to which I am
>authorized.  Running the program as a user with *ALLOBJ, however, works
>fine.  Please correct this if it is incorrect.

If the API is working correctly, and I still believe it is, then you may
have a bug. Please answer these questions.
What format name are you passing to the API in parameter 2?
What error are you getting when they you attempt to retrieve the
information from the user space?
When you attempt to look in the user space as an unprivileged user, what
authority does that user have to the user space object and its library?

Ed Fishel,
edfishel@US.IBM.COM

+---