Installing MAPICs on your shopfloor AS/400

fixed

Has anyone installed MAPICS on an AS/400  separate from their main
AS/400(which is running MAPICS) in order to use Enterprise Integrator to
create a custom shopfloor system that would interface with their main
installation of MAPICS? Did MAPICS envision us using Enterprise Integrator
for all of our application development including shopfloor systems on
remote AS/400s? Is this a crazy idea? My understanding is that since I am
using concurrent users I could have MAPICS installed on as many AS/400s as
I want. It would be nice if we just had one tool for all our development
needs.

Any feedback would be appreciated.