Lloyd,

The BALSHEET report is based on an IFM extract and has some strict
configuration requirements for Unit, Nature, and Period structures.  A
TRIALBAL report included in this package.  See SH12919 for details on these
and other Boardroom reports.  See SH11858 for all Mapics provided IWP
reports.

The interesting part of a trial balance (or any IFM report) is getting the
information sorted together and then  totaling and breaking at the proper
points.  You may find a simple trial balance could be designed by starting
with the General Ledger Summary file and including a list of G/L
transactions for the period.

Typically for reports like this, I suggest creating a calculated field to
identify the accumulation points for subtotals - such as Cash accounts,
Payables, Inventory, Receivables, etc.  Then using the calculated field as
one of the sort keys from subtotal breaks.

Over time, I have found a couple of ways to work with the IFM database, if
you would like some assistance constructing a subset/report for your trial
balance, please contact me off list.

Regards,
-Greg

Gregory Novak
Manager North American Technical Services
Momentum Utilities Pty Ltd
(630) 985-1736
gnovak@xxxxxxxxxx
www.jacana.com

Making Information Work for your Business
www.intuator.com