Hi Dale,

> Is anyone out there faxing their POs directly from the system?

> We use Cornerstone Communication's Unifier

We use Unifier and fax out our POs through it. I trigger it from a small
.NET application that populates the fax comments file and submits the
call to Unifier through a iSeries Access (Client Access) command.

My .NET application can easily be substituted by a green-screen CL
program.

Cheers,
Darius

This is untested snippets from my code:

/* After user enters PO Number (copy pasted from client browser), look
up Fax Number, Contact name, & Vendor name in POMAST and let the user
override these. Write 6 comment fields into 6 added records in a new
file. Pass the file name as &REMARKMBR*/

/*  Fax comment file structure - new file copied from template file.*/

Seq# Select Only   Line Page Dup  Case  Null  Name      Type  Length Dec

   10           Text Line                     TEXTLN      A     132

/* Parms           */

             PGM        PARM(&ORDN &FAXNUM &CONTACTNAM &VENNAME +

                          &REMARKMBR)

             DCL        VAR(&ORDN) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(7)

             DCL        VAR(&FAXNUM) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(25)

             DCL        VAR(&CONTACTNAM) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(25)

             DCL        VAR(&VENNAME) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(25)

             DCL        VAR(&REMARKMBR) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)

/* Fax Variables */

             dcl        &p2parms   type(*char) len(512) VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2w0rtn   type(*char) len(7)   VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2ordno   type(*char) len(7)   VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &fromfile  type(*char) len(10)  VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &tofile    type(*char) len(10)  VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2dsttyp  type(*char) len(10)  VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2dstnbr  type(*char) len(15)  VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2faxnbr  type(*char) len(20)  VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2faxatn  type(*char) len(40)  VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2faxcmp  type(*char) len(40)  VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2faxref  type(*char) len(40)  VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2faxfrm  type(*char) len(40)  VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2faxrmk1 type(*char) len(40)  VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2faxrmk2 type(*char) len(40)  VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2faxrmk3 type(*char) len(40)  VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2doctyp  type(*char) len(5)   VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2docid   type(*char) len(15)  VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2faxdte  type(*char) len(10)  VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2faxtme  type(*char) len(8)   VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2type    type(*char) len(1)   VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &p2prtopt  type(*char) len(1)   VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &jobnam    type(*char) len(10)  VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &usrnam    type(*char) len(10)  VALUE(' ')

             dcl        &jobnbr    type(*char) len(6)   VALUE(' ')

/*Set your library list to be the same as your production environment
libl */

/* Populate LDA */

             RTVDTAARA  DTAARA(FELIBY/POPRINTDTA *ALL) RTNVAR(&LDA)

             CHGVAR     &POFM VALUE(%SST(&LDA 81 1))

             CHGVAR     &BUY1 VALUE(%SST(&LDA 60 5))

             CHGVAR     &BUY2 VALUE(%SST(&LDA 65 5))

             CHGVAR     &ORD2 VALUE(&ORDN)

 CHGVAR     &ORDN VALUE(%SST(&LDA 53 7))

 CHGVAR     &ORD2 VALUE(%SST(&LDA 73 7))

/* Retrieve the Job Attributes */

             rtvjoba    job(&jobnam) user(&usrnam) nbr(&jobnbr)

/* Set-up the Document Id */

             chgvar     var(&p2docid) value(&p2ordno)

/* Set-up the Destination Type */

             chgvar     &p2dsttyp value('Customer')

               chgvar     &fromfile value('AM64MRP1')

               chgvar     &tofile value('AM64MRP1')

               ovrprtf    file(&fromfile) devtype(*scs) pagesize( 66 88

                            *rowcol) lpi(6) cpi(12) ovrflw(57)

                            pagrtt(*auto) uom(*cm) outq(form001)

                            formtype(fadal14) copies(1) hold(*yes)

             SPLFNAME(POFAX)

/* , submit job to MAPICS*/

FUNCT51:    CHGVAR     (%SST(&LDA 99 5)) VALUE('AM64M')

            CALL       AM6P01 PARM(&LDA AM64M & & & & & & & & &)

            CLOF       OPNID(POMAST04)

            MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000)

/* Send Fax                  */

FAXOUT:     SNDAPIFAX  FAXTYPE(*PCL5SPOOL) FROMUSER(&USRNAM) +

                         COVER(*YES) COVERIMG(PURCHCVR) +

                         FILE(POFAX) +

                         JOB(&JOBNBR/&USRNAM/&JOBNAM) DEST((*N +

                         *CUSTNUMBER &VENNAME 1 &FAXNUM +

                         &CONTACTNAM)) OVERLAY(*NONE) +

                         REMARKS(WORKLIB/&REMARKMBR) +

                         FAXLINE(FAXLINE2) USRDTA(&ORDN)

/* Call the program to Write Spool File Info in FaxLogH & FaxLogD */

             CALL       PGM(FAXR90) PARM(&P2DSTTYP &P2DSTNBR +

                          &P2FAXDTE &P2FAXTME &P2FAXNBR &P2FAXATN +

                          &P2FAXCMP &P2FAXREF &P2FAXFRM &USRNAM +

                          &P2DOCTYP &P2DOCID &TOFILE &JOBNAM +

                          &USRNAM &JOBNBR &P2FAXRMK1 &P2FAXRMK2 +

                          &P2FAXRMK3)

/*Delete the temporary remark file */

             DLTOBJ     OBJ(WORKLIB/&REMARKMBR) TYPE(*FILE)

/* Release the Spooled File */

             RLSSPLF    FILE(&TOFILE) SPLNBR(*LAST)

             MONMSG     MSGID(CPF0000)

This transmission contains information which may be legally privileged,
proprietary
in nature, or otherwise protected by law from disclosure, and is intended only
for
the use of the addressee(s) named above. If you are not the addressee, or the
person
responsible for delivering this to the addressee(s), you are hereby notified
that
reading, copying, or distributing this transmission is prohibited. If you have
received this transmission in error, please telephone us immediately at
818-407-1400
and mail the transmission back to us at the above address.

GFI Mail Security and McAffe Virus Defense for the presence of computer viruses.