Candy,

We use COM_Net extensively, and have encountered a similar problem with
some of our customers.  The situation apparently varies depending on what
firewall product is used.  The one that I have on my personal machine at
home (Kerio) allows me to authorize a certain site to work through the
firewall.  I don't have extensive experience with testing a lot of various
firewall products, but I personally wouldn't purchase one that didn't give
"allow/deny" options.  If you have a controlled customer set (like I do -
we sell to distributors only), you could put a recommendation or warning
out to them (maybe even on the signon screen).

I have just been telling our customers that they have a choice - disable
the firewall during their COM_Net session, or purchase a more sophisticated
firewall product.  I am not recommending the product, but I can say that
Kerio works for me.  You can get information on the Kerio Personal Firewall
at their web site, www.kerio.com.

Hope this helps!

Dale Gindlesperger
IT Manager/Special Projects Leader
Fleetwood Folding Trailers, Inc.
258 Beacon Street
Somerset, PA  15501

                      Candy.Hein@interme

                      c.com                     To:       mapics-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                  cc:

                      mapics-l-bounces@m        Subject:  Com-Net

                      idrange.com

                      03/18/2004 09:09

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      MAPICS ERP System

                      Discussion

Good morning.  We are in the process of launching Com-Net out to our
customers.   Part of our final testing phase is having users accessing the
site from home and noting their response time.  We are having issues with
users that have personal firewalls (did not matter which firewall they were
using) installed on their machines.   Only way for them to access our site
is to disable the firewall.   Has any one else ran across this problem and
if so how did you resolve it?

Thank you,

Candy Hein

Intermec Technologies