Ron,

As you are aware R6 Integrator does not allow the exporting of individual
business objects.  We have added that feature to the R7 version of
Integrator.  Not that it will help with your current need.

The only way I know to deal with this problem is by using environments. We
have a list of about 30 files that need to be saved and restored to a
seperate library.  This library can be inserted into a new environments
library list by coping and modifying the primary environments MMLIST
record.  You would be running essentially the same environment with
multiple Integrator partitions.  Each of these partions can be
individually exported.

Using this approach you might have one environment (the primary one with
no extra partion) as the collection point for all of you Integrator
projects.  It is an Import point from all of your Partitions.  You could
then have any number of "logical" environments to track seperate projects.
 You would not want to include the same object in multiple partitions
(just include it in its own partition).

As you see it can get complex.  We have used the technique for seperating
students during our classes.  I don't know if anyone is using it in
production.

Robert Russell
Paragon SI

"Ron Hankey/PEMSTAR Inc" <Ron.Hankey@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: mapics-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/20/2003 01:55 PM
Please respond to MAPICS ERP System Discussion