  • Subject: RE: User Based Access
  • From: "Ashworth, Thomas R." <TAshwort@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 15:59:52 -0500

I am in the process of re-evaluating our MAPICS License status,
currently on the processor-tier fee based system.  It seems like
no matter how you attempt to word it, the migration from tier-to-user
or user-to-tier is an 'upgrade' since the fee to re-write the license
contract starts effectively from zero.  The only difference appears
to be that the re-write fees are lower (in our case) for user-based
pricing than for processor-tier.
The only 'refund' would be involving credit from un-expired existing
contracts.

Tom Ashworth
MIS Manager, Altec Lansing Technologies Inc.
Routes 6 & 209
Milford,  PA  18337
tashwort@altecmm.com            570-296-1276

+---