Re: Tn5250 compile under IBM Aix 5.3

fixed

On Thu, 6 May 2010, Carey Evans wrote:

AIX redefines accept to naccept in sys/socket.h:

#define recvfrom        nrecvfrom
#define accept          naccept
#define getpeername     ngetpeername
#define getsockname     ngetsockname

which means that line 466 of sslstream.c ends up trying to assign to
the naccept member of the struct. You could try using the C++ compiler
instead, which uses an inline function instead of #define, or simply
add #undef accept near the top of the file.

I've been searching for a way to handle this in autoconf. Surely we can't be the only ones who have this problem. I haven't found anything useful so far.

Alberto, I think you need the #undef at the top of sslstream.c.

James Rich

if you want to understand why that is, there are many good books on
the design of operating systems. please pass them along to redmond
when you're done reading them :)
- Paul Davis on ardour-dev