Hi Scott:

Thanks for your reply. I?m starting to understand a little better how it
all works

I don't know why you'd only see 84 columns... all I can guess is that
you've picked a font that's too large to fit all 132 columns on the
screen... is that possible?

No, the fonts I have for both 132 and 80 column screens does fit properly.
There is nothing missing at the right edge. In fact, I have a wee bit of
room to spare.

xt5250 was not designed to be used in a maximized window. You realize
t>hat maximizing the window doesn't change the font size, or the number
of rows/columns, right? So what's the point of maximizing it? You'd
just end up with large black spaces on the screen that can't ever be
used...

Ahhh?..A bit of company history here?.Most of our users are Middle aged
and beyond, and not very tech saavy. Most of their lives here they?ve used
3477 Dumb Terminals. Some were converted to PC?s about 5 years ago. For
the most part, they?re used to a session taking up the whole screen. On a
PC, if they?re Client Access Session gets ?un-maximized?, and they click
on the desktop (by accident), they can?t type in their CA Session anymore.
Then they call me and say their PC is ?Frozen?. The concept of ?Windows?
in general is completely foreign to most of them. We have tried training,
but when you?re in your 60?s, or late 50?s, well, you know?

So we don?t raz them too much. Their CA Sessions are maximized and that?s
what they like. If I?m going to replace what they have, I have to give
them something equal or better, or they will come after me?.

Hmmm.. I don't know why it would only happen the first time (unless you
stay in 132 column mode thereafter -- in which case it's only doing it
once.)

Nope, It Only happens once. after that I?m free to Maximize and
Un-Maximize as often as I want, and I can switch back and forth between 80
and 132 as often as I want, and the screen stays Maximized?

XDM?? Huh? Do you mean TWM? (XDM is really just a sign-on screen...
it's not a desktop environment)

Sorry, you?re correct, it is TWM. I?m beginning to suffer from Acronymitis?

Anyway, I had tried x5250 on another station, but encountered different
problems with it, and abandoned it, but I should look into that again.

Maybe if you have a chance, could you fire up xt5250, Maximize the screen,
and see what happens when you go into a 132 column screen?

I appreciate your time and help?..

Fred

P.S. We did successfully create a TN5250 Dumb Terminal using your software
on a PC Engines device, read only compact flash drive, etc... and it works
great. Just one window, one session, nothing fancy. This other stuff, we'r
hoping to replace our Windows PC's with someday...