Hi Brian,

Please search your source code to see if you have the strpccmd support in the source code. To find out, do the following:

1) Switch to the directory containing the lib5250 sources (your path name might be different)

cd /whatever/tn5250/lib5250

2) See if there's a function called 'display_check_pccmd' in display.c by typing:

grep display_check_pccmd display.c

3) See if there's a function called tn5250_run_cmd in utility.c by typing:

grep tn5250_run_cmd utility.c

If either step 2 or step 3 comes up empty, it means that you don't have the code for strpccmd. If that's the case, check out the latest copy of the source from CVS. If you do have them, and you're still getting this error, then for some reason it's not recognizing that you have/want to use strpccmd... which would be very strange, and require additional poking/prodding to find out what's going on.

Brian Hill wrote:
Hello everyone,

I've been unable to get the STRPCO/STRPCCMD command to work with tn5250.

in my .tn5250rc file I have HILLB1 defined like this:

HILLB1{
host = xx.xx.xx.xx
env.DEVNAME=HILLB1
+local_print_key
+uninhibited
+allow_strpccmd
}

I normally use xt5250 so I issue the following command: xt5250 HILLB1
which starts a session with the AS/400. I log in and then issue the
command STRPCO. Then, to make sure that it worked I issue the STRPCO
command again and I get a message that says: "iSeries Access Organizer
is already active for device HILLB1." So I know that STRPCO is working.

I then issue the command STRPCCMD and hit F4 to prompt. I enter
"/usr/bin/kate" (without the quotes), leave the Pause parameter set to
*YES (the default) and hit enter. I then get a message that says,
"Required PC program (PCO.EXE) is not active. No communications with PC
can occur. Press ENTER to resume."

So I thought to myself, "Self, maybe it only works with tn5250 and not
xt5250." So I followed the same steps as above but I started with: tn5250 HILLB1

I get the same results as I got with xt5250.

When I searched the archives I saw a message from Scott Klement that
said he couldn't remember what version he had added the code to make
STRPCO/STRPCCMD work but he knew it was in there. That thread was the
only one I found.

I'm using tn5250 version 0.17.3 and the AS/400 is using V5R4M0 L00. My
operating system is Kubuntu 8.04 and I'm using the Ubuntu version of
tn5250 rather than compiling from scratch.

Just for kicks I just now downloaded the 0.17.3 source code, compiled it
and tested it. I get the same results with it as I do with the Ubuntu
version of tn5250.

Anyone have any ideas what I'm doing wrong or of any incompatibilities
with my OS or the OS of the AS/400?

Thanks for any help!
Benny