   cursesterm.c:42: error: syntax error before "attr_t"
   cursesterm.c:42: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
   cursesterm.c:46: error: elements of array `colorlist' have
   incomplete type

Here's what I see in the source code at that point:

#ifndef NCURSES_COLOR_T
#define NCURSES_COLOR_T short
#endif

/* Mapping of 5250 colors to curses colors */
struct _curses_color_map {
   char *name;
   NCURSES_COLOR_T ref;
   attr_t bld;
};
typedef struct _curses_color_map curses_color_map;

static curses_color_map colorlist[] =
{
  { "black",     COLOR_BLACK         },
  { "red",       COLOR_RED,   A_BOLD },

   .. more interesting colors listed here ..

line 32 is the line that says "attr_t bld". I don't see a missing semicolon anywhere, and it compiles without trouble on all of my systems. (Again, this isn't new code, it's been around for quite awhile, though this time I get to take the blame for writing it!)

So I'm guessing your system doesn't have a definition for "attr_t". On my system, it's defined in ncurses.h, and used in prototypes for several ncurses APIs, such as attr_off() and attr_on(), You might look to see what you have listed in the prototypes for those APIs.