Hi James,

I'm thinking that a given front end could ask lib5250 for a list of configured systems in tn5250rc. As well, being able to specify an arbitrary hostname or IP address might be nice.

I wrote something like that at one time (something that enumerates the configuration profiles). I used it in a different project that interfaces with lib5250 -- but it could probably be put into lib5250 pretty easily.

I don't understand the "arbitrary hostname" bit. Don't we already have the ability to specify an arbitrary hostname?

The lib5250 call that opens a stream is:

   stream = tn5250_stream_open( "hostname", config)

Seems to me that you can specify an arbitrary hostname in that first parameter.... But maybe I misunderstand what you're looking for.