Hi James,

You might want to look at this Microsoft.... (yeah
them) knowlwdgebase web page for some further
explanation regarding the header you have trapped in
your sniffer trace.

It looks like you will need to get a copy of the IBM
document "AS/400 5250 Display Station Pass-Through:
Interface Specification" to fully understand the X'80
value's significance. Since the web page mentions
there is no document number for the publication, it
probably means it is a LIPI.

HTH

Best Regards,

/Paul
--
Paul Tykodi
Principal Consultant

>date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 14:08:10 -0600 (MDT)
>from: James Rich <james@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>subject: RE: [LINUX5250] I need help with Selection
>Field processing
>
>On Mon, 18 Apr 2005, Ruel, Marc-Antoine wrote:
>
>>> http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1205.html
>>>
>>> Specifically in section 3. Data Stream Format.
>>
>> You mean ?
>> "Bits 8-15:  *       These bits are reserved (set
to >>zero)."
>> You know, it's reserved to IBM :)
>
>Yup, those are the bits I'm talking about.
>
>> What do you mean by "causes it to terminate
>>unexpectedly"
>
>Pressing the attention causes the session to end.
Not >crash or anything, just end.  I'm guessing that
the