On Tue, 7 Jan 2003, GOMES Rui Pedro wrote:

> There are, already, some printers attached. Most of them are attached
> through Windows Client Access. If I order a print to a printer, lets call it
> Client Access (CA) printer, and then release the job, it prints without any
> more intervention. But that same printer, started through lp5250d, gives the
> paper msg. Even if I order the print to the CA printer and, on the spool
> changing the queue atributes to print on the lp5250d printer, it gives the
> same msg.

On my system, it gives the 'Load form type *STD into printer XXX' message
the first time I print to it.   I answer that message with a G, and it
does not ask again.

> Meanwhile do you have any more sugestions?

Not really.  I'm using a very similar set-up here, and I don't seem to
have the same problem.

Here's my config:

PI {
    env.DEVNAME = pi
    host = as400
    env.IBMMFRTYPMDL = *HP4
    outputcommand = scs2ascii|lpr -Ppi
    env.IBMMSGQNAME=W3
    env.IBMMSGQLIB=*LIBL
}

The only difference I see, aside from the name of the printer, is
that I'm telling it which message queue to send the messages to.
But, if I remove those entries, I still don't have any problems.

I've tried it with both version 0.16.5 and 0.17.1 (from CVS) and
both work flawlessly for me.