I just setup a new user with Linux and she like everyone has a few gripes,
hers are pretty valid though.

we have an invoice entry program that she keys bills and credits into.

bills are neg numbers and payments are positive. when she goes to key a bill
in and pushes the "-" key on the KB she gets nothing when she pushes the "-"
above the letters she gets a "}" at the end of the field. if you take it to
the next field (any other field) you get a "-" at the front of the field.

I get the same thing in the windows version of tn5250

if I use rumba and move the field in question I get a "}" at the end of the
field if I press the "-" key on the numpad but if I use the "-" key above
the letters I get a "-" like I would expect.

So I guess my question is what's different that rumba is sending between the
numpad "-" and the "-" on the row of letters. and can I change tn5250 to
send the same thing that rumba is sending and if so how.

Thanks
Matt

note this only happens on certain fields and being that I have absolutely no
experience with the as400 and my bosses attitude was "it works with netsoft
and Client Access"