Hi,

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 09:29:58AM -0700, Chris Rehm wrote:
> This might sound a little strange, but I was wondering what kind of problems
> I might have caused by building tn5250 yesterday.
>
> I downloaded and made tn5250 and got it up and running without any issues
> at all. But later on I found two odd problems with my system both with
> programs that had been running without error before that.
>
> For one, Netscape 6.1 started trashing my emails without warning. Now, NS6.1
> beta also had significant mail handling bugs and this didn's surprise me that
> much but the timing is suspicous.
>
> The other is that now Homepage Builder no longer runs. I had been running it
> before the install of tn5250, but after it just doesn't run. No error
> message, just no launch. I uninstalled and reinstalled it, but still nothing.

You could try to run the program as a different user, just to rule out
that you messed up something in your home dir.

If you don't get an error message I would strace the Homepage Builder.
(Go and install strace.rpm and use 'strace -f <program>' to show all
system calls the program does.)

Also check your free disk space!

> Has anyone had similar experiences? Is there something I goofed on? I am
> running SuSE 7.2.
>
> Did the make recompile any of the kernel?

Unlikely. Anyway, it never hurts to compile a kernel as long as you
don't install and boot it ;)

Peter

--
Peter Poeml
poeml at suse.de
VFS: Busy inodes after unmount. Self-destruct in 5 seconds.  Have a nice day...