From: D*B [mailto:dieter.bender@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2012 3:29 AM
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re:Newbie to RPG calling Java....what's a good reference to startlearning!

... synchronous calls from RPG to java won't scale well in most circumstances. Calling the java method once, you will earn lots of overhead, calling diffrent java methods from diffrent programms tends to become instable, calling java methods in every job makes IBM happy, but not the customer and the users sitting and waiting.
I would strongly recommend to do this stuff asynchronously. Doing it the right way, not longer needed ressources are freed up automatically by the java garbage collector. For asynchronous calls you could use my Open Source AppServer4RPG (which is the base layer for ArdGate as well).

D*B