The issue was related to JDK level. After I switched to another partition for testing that has the same level of JDK as the one I used to compile the class file, I no long received the error.

A 'thank you' to John Eberhard who provided the tip. Also thanks for all the replies from others.

Derek

-----Original Message-----
From: Derek Chow
Sent: Thursday, September 16, 2010 2:22 PM
To: 'Java Programming on and around the IBM i'
Subject: RE: Issue on calling Java stored Procedure

I gave my user profile all access to the /Function folder and the class file, and I still got the same errors. I don't think authority is the issue here although the message indicated that.

This is a Java stored procedure that resides on iSeries and is primarily invoked by other SQL stored procedures on iSeries. Invoking if from iSeries Navigator is for testing purpose.

Thanks,
Derek