We use Tomcat for windows server for servlet req/res, and WAS implementation on i.

What is the actual reason for us to move to Glassfish if we have tomcat for windows & WAS for i? Are there any real benefits?

Thanks, Murali.

-----Original Message-----
From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: 10 September 2010 15:08
To: Java Programming on and around the IBM i
Subject: Re: Glassfish 3.0.1 on the AS/400.

Everybody pretty much covered what I would have chimed in with. Your question might have been better phrased as "What would be the benefits of Glassfish over something like WAS?" What has impressed me in the Windows deployments I have done, is the easy of installation, update, deployment and management. All those items seem pretty straightforward on GF and it all has worked very well (the exception being the i implementation which I am now making progress on).

Pete Helgren
Value Added Software, Inc
www.valadd.com