From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-
bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Lim Hock-Chai
Sent: Friday, November 06, 2009 6:35 AM
To: java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Running in EBCDIC or ASCII

Barbara,
In my case, this StreamGobbler class is threaded out from another class
that does a remote ssh command call thru the Runtime.process. This
StreamGobbler's job is to consume the stdin and stderr of the
Runtime.process, which in this case would be whatever the ssh server
sent back.

Since ssh is basically running socket under the cover, the data, I would
think, should be sent as it. I would think it should always be ascii.