From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of James Lampert
Sent: Wednesday, March 04, 2009 10:11 AM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: Anybody know about SSL 3.0?

Gary L Peskin wrote:
I'm not too sure what you're asking exactly but SSLSession.getProtocol()
or
SSLContext.getProtocol() returns "SSLv3" for SSL 3.0 connections. If
this
isn't what you're asking, please clarify and I'll try to help.

SSLContext.getProtocol() just returns "SSL" (which is what we passed to
SSLContext.getInstance() when creating the context).

SSLSession.getProtocol() on the session returned from a getSession() on
the socket returns "TLSv1" (which I already know is an improvement on
SSL 3.0).

Thanks.

--
James H. H. Lampert