From: Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen <thunderaxiom@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Find if RPGLE program called from Java or other RPG program
To: "Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400" <java400-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thursday, December 11, 2008, 4:09 AM
Ashish Kulkarni skrev den 10-12-2008 19:58:
Hi
I have already done some thing like that to pass
messages from QTEMP, create a message queue and pass error
messages from RPG to Java.
I call RPG program from Java, this RPG program writes
error messages in message queue created in QTEMP library,
when the control comes back to Java program i read these
error messages from message queue in QTEMP.
So RPG and Java have the same QTEMP.

Using a ProgramCall or with JNI? Any particulars to
remember when doing so?
I reason i want to add some special logic when called
from RPG is because we this logic to clear from tables if
called from RPG,

Sounds brittle. Can't you add a flag or an extra call
to do this?

--
Thorbjørn Ravn Andersen "...plus... Tubular
Bells!"

--
This is the Java Programming on and around the iSeries /