Hi all,

I am finding that many of my applications I have running on my PC are all
written in Java.

For example:
WDSC
TN5250J
OpenOffice Writer (multiple docs)
Linoma's Surveyor
MyEclipseIDE
Tomcat

The problem I believe I am running into is paging out to disk more often
than I should for the Java apps on my machine. I have 4GB of memory on this
machine, but the computer never uses more than 2GB of memory. Somewhere I
remember hearing/reading that the JVM is only ever allowed to consume xyz
percent of your memory (50% I believe) and Windows XP won't allow any more
usage than that, and will start paging out once that limit is reached. Is
this correct information that I am remembering? Anybody know of a way to
increase the amount of memory the JVM can utilize on my PC so I can fully
utilize the 4GB of memory?

Note that I already know about the WDSC/Eclipse startup values that specify
how much memory the application should be allowed to use, and again, I think
I am running into a Windows XP issue vs. a specific app issue.

Thoughts?
Aaron Bartell
http://mowyourlawn.com