I have a program that has pretty simple process of establishing a JDBC connection, opening up a recordset with a simple select statement (prepared) and then closing the recordset and closing the statement like so:

         PreparedStatement ps = conn.prepareStatement(query);
ResultSet rs = ps.executeQuery(); for (int i = 0; i < 2; i++) {
             if (rs.next())
System.out.println(rs.getString(1)); } try {
             rs.close();
             ps.close();
             ps = null;
             rs = null;
         }
         catch (SQLException ex){
             ex.printStackTrace();
         }

All is well. The file that was opened in the query is now unlocked. Things are OK.

But if I run the same query again, when I execute the try block, closing the recordset and statement , without closing the connection, the file I opened in the select statement is now locked. Work with job locks show the following on the file:
\
                      Object                      Member
Object      Library     Type       Lock     Status  Locks

PGNL601     FMSMICF     *FILE-PHY  *SHRRD    HELD    YES

So I am wondering is JT400 holding a lock on the file assuming that it will be accessed again? Is this a bug? A configuration issue?

Any ideas?

Pete Helgren