Larry wrote:

I keep thinking I have my head on straight regarding using java objects in
RPG, then I confuse myself again.  Perhaps you can help?

In the following program I am playing with URLEncode.  I had the program
working fine, until I wanted to convert back the new encoded URL string into
AS400 characters.  I have my string "outstring" and all I need to do is
execute "outstring.getBytes()".  I tried prototyping getBytes, but keep
getting an error (shown in the text below).

How do I call getBytes on my nice string?

You didn't say what error you are getting.

I'm just curious, shouldn't the utfstring be one of the parameters to
the encode() method?