Re: Tracking down unwanted object retentions that are eating memory

fixed

"Joe Sam Shirah" <jshirah@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Sounds like one of those premature optimization things.

Not really; it's just that the intern() had been there for quite a while, whereas the truncation (and the need for it) is a comparatively recent change. And until I actually looked it up, I wasn't even aware of what intern() does (I wasn't the one who put it there).

--
JHHL