QUser and jdbc access to os400

fixed

Hi Everybody,

        I am experimenting with interactive java clients for accessing os400
data.
One thing that strikes me immediately is that even if I open up jdbc access
to the box,  which I can do on a userid level, all updates/inserts to the DB
are attributed to QUSER no matter what userid/password is used to initiate
the connection. We carefully track DB modifications on the userid level and
this invalidates all that.  Am I missing something?  This seems kinda lame.
I suppose unless someone can show me my error, I will use a back end rpg
server that spawns off jobs using sockets under the incoming Userid to
manage the db updates.  So, am I missing something here?  What is the best
practice?

Thanks!

Rick DuVall
Systems Manager