Yes my JAVA program is not locating files in the AS400 IFS directory. I am running this program in the AS400 which also means I moved the jar and classes from my PC to the IFS directory too. The 1 to 3 slashes still does not work (Look below). The syntax I am using in Windows is C:\\Developement\\xml\\aces.xml. I also made sure this time I used the same case for the directory and file.

file:/TecnoXML/aces.xml No such path or directory. file:/TecnoXML/aces.xml

file:///TecnoXML/aces.xml No such path or directory. file:/TecnoXML/aces.xml

Joe Sam Shirah wrote:

   Hi George,

   So I take it your question is how to locate files?

   To the best of my recollection, and I don't have time to double check
now, technically the "file:" protocol requires three ( 3 ) slashes.  It
also, for reasons I forget, will ( usta ) work with one ( 1 ) slash.  It
will not work with two slashes.

   Examples for /TecnoXML/ACES.xml:

   "file:///" + myFilePath;

   "file:/" + myFilePath;

   Incidentally, Java parsing for file structure will work with forward
slashes even for Windows, so you can avoid intermixing slashes and

   Still, it should work the same on all platforms.  What syntax are you
using on Windows?

                                                        Joe Sam

Joe Sam Shirah -
conceptGO       -        Consulting/Development/Outsourcing
Java Filter Forum:
Just the JDBC FAQs:
Going International?
Que Java400?