From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Rune Kaus
Sent: Thursday, May 04, 2006 10:10 AM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: Printing from java

Hi Ashish.

Thank you for your reply.

In my case, displaying anything is not an option. I need complete the process including the print without user intervention.
What is that IBM product?

Rune

Ashish Kulkarni wrote:
hi
If you are running the process on AS400, there is a
IBM product to do it, other then that i was not able
to tackle the issue, so just gave a web page to
display the PDF file from IFS on AS400
--- Rune Kaus <rune@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi list.

I'm sure some of you have had this challenge before
and solved it, so I'm bravely asking.

Printing (rtf's and pdf's) from a java
web-application running under WAS 5.1 on an i5.

The story is that I'm generating an rtf or a pdf
document based on some user activity on the web. This document is processed in batch (the user will not see it until it is printed) and should be printed on a predefined (for the user) network (not i5) printer.

Any hints or suggestions.

Rgds Rune
--
This is the Java Programming on and around the
Before posting, please take a moment to review the

A$HI$H