I assume the transport protocol is still HTTP so the same type of socket request should work. SOAP adds another layer of complexity so you must get through the envelop, header and body.

Are you tied to RPG?
There is a Java web services developer pack that has a set of SOAP APIs for this sort of thing.
If Java is an option then you should take a look.

Thanks,
Todd

Andrew Papada wrote:
Hi All:

We're currently trying to initiate a SOAP request to a document based
Web Service running on a WebLogic8 server.  We are attempting to build
this SOAP message on-the-fly, piecing it together as a String.  We then
use Scott Klement's socket programs
(http://www.scottklement.com/httpapi/index.html) to open the socket and
send the request.  Unfortunately, we have yet to successfully send a
SOAP request.  We have successfully opened sockets to general Web sites
and received valid responses, but have yet to be successful when
connecting to a Web Service.  This leads me to believe that our SOAP
request is not structured properly.
I guess my question is has anyone else attempted to do this and if so,
would you possibly mind sending an example of the SOAP request that you
sent?  I appreciate any advice you can offer.

Thanks,

Andy