Has anybody had prior success getting this working on their system?
I've seen some posts from Shannon and Buck about this, but neither of
them seem to say what they did to make it work.  Verisign provides a
Java application to connect to them to authorize and settle credit
cards.  Being an RPG programmer and system administrator, I am
completely new to Java on the AS/400, and the conflicting information
and lack of documentation from Verisign and IBM makes things even more
difficult.

I have been trying to get this to work on my V5R1 system for several
weeks with no luck.  Originally I was getting just a plain "Timeout
waiting for response" error.  Verisign suggested that I upgrade the Java
runtime environment from 1.2 to 1.4, even though they said it should
work on 1.2, so I did that and then I got a different error.  I have
read Verisign's documentation, which doesn't lend itself to IBM's
version of the Sun Java runtime environment in OS/400, and I have read
IBM's documentation which seems to say IBM's Java is a variation of the
Sun Java, because several things are a little bit different than on Sun.
I was first under the impression that 1.4 came with the JSSE provider
built in, but then found out IBM doesn't provide the true Sun JSSE in
their implementation.  So, I have downloaded and installed the jsse,
jcert and jnet.jar files from Sun and put them where I think they are
supposed to be, but who knows for sure where they are really supposed to
be?

I was getting this error:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/net/ssl/TrustManagerFactory

        at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:195)

        at java.lang.LinkageError.<init>(LinkageError.java:36)

        at
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError.<init>(NoClassDefFoundError.java:40)

        at com.Verisign.payment.f.<init>([DashoPro-V1.2-120198]:0)

        at com.Verisign.payment.e.<init>([DashoPro-V1.2-120198]:0)

        at com.Verisign.payment.e.<init>([DashoPro-V1.2-120198]:0)

        at com.Verisign.payment.b.e([DashoPro-V1.2-120198]:0)

        at com.Verisign.payment.b.b([DashoPro-V1.2-120198]:0)

        at
com.Verisign.payment.PFProAPI.SubmitTransaction([DashoPro-V1.2-120198]:0
)

        at PFProJava.main(PFProJava.java:40)

In doing some digging, I found a knowledgebase article on IBM's
developerworks website which talked about a modification to the
java.security file to fix this error, and that change didn't seemed to
make any difference.

Then I decided to qualify the jsse, jcert and jnet.jar files in my
classpath to the specific filenames instead of the directory name they
are in, because I saw an example of that from Shannon.  That made the
"TrustManagerFactory" error go away, but now I get another different
error:

"The certificate chain did not validate, no local certificate found"

The Verisign documentation says this is caused either by, not having the
right security provider in my java.security file (but they are there),
or, not having the JSSE jar files in my classpath, but they are there.

I feel like I'm chasing my tail.  Does anybody have a working version of
this running?  If so, what am I missing?

Thanks in advance for any help on this.