From: java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:java400-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Pete Helgren
Sent: Tuesday, April 19, 2005 10:22 AM
To: Java Programming on and around the iSeries / AS400
Subject: Re: In significant need of help.

I'll have to think about that a bit.  Since Javascript is generally a client
side thing, I am not sure how you could create an object on the server and
make it accessible to the client.  I vaguely remember doing something like
this in .asp a while back but it was ugly.  JSP's kind of muddy the waters
between client side and server side so perhaps there is a way with JSP's to
do this.

I am by no means an experienced .jsp programmer.  We moved to FreeMarker so
we could avoid JSP's.  Freemarker, being a server side engine has gotten us
a close to MVC as possible....but I am digressing here.

There are a couple of guys here that are much smarter than me (ain't
hard...) with JSP and Java scripting.  I'll see what they say.

Pete