Hi,

if you just want to connect to an URL, get the file (pdf,
html...) and save it on the iSeries (or whatever system you
are running on)....here is some test code that do so:

import java.net.*;
import java.io.*;

public class URLReader {
    public static void main(String args []) throws Exception
{
                if (args.length < 3) {
                      System.out.println("Error !");
                        System.out.println("Usage: URLReader
[url] [path] [file]");
                        return;
                }
            String test = args[0];
            String path = args[1];
            String filename = args[2];

        URL yahoo = new URL(test);
        BufferedReader in = new BufferedReader(
                                new InputStreamReader(
                                yahoo.openStream()));

        String inputLine;
      File outputFile = new File(path , filename);
System.out.println("Destination: " + path);
try{
        PrintWriter outFileStream = new PrintWriter(new
FileOutputStream(outputFile));
        while ((inputLine = in.readLine()) != null)
outFileStream.println(inputLine);
      outFileStream.flush();
      outFileStream.close();
        in.close();
}catch (IOException exc){
System.out.println("Error opening file! Does Directory
exist?");
System.exit(1);

Rgds,
Magne

Hi all,

I have a code that tries to open a browser and URL.  I am
having
problems getting this to work from qsh command line.

The code is similar to Ostermiller's Browser() called
BrowseControl()
and I removed all the package declarations & jar to call
from command
line (I don't understand why, but it would not find the
class from jar
when the classpath refers to jar).  I get browser not found
or cannot be
opened error now.
>From the code I understand it picks up UNIX_PATH and so I
changed the
default since I don't have netscape.

Java Code:

// The default browser under unix.
// private static final String UNIX_PATH = "netscape";
// The flag to display a url.
private static final String UNIX_PATH = "explorer";
private static final String UNIX_FLAG = "-remote
openURL";

I also tried MSIE

Call and error:

 Could not invoke browser, command=MISE -remote
openURL(http://www.javaworld.c
 om)

 Caught: java.io.IOException: MISE: not found

 $

> java BrowseControl http://www.yahoo.com

 Could not invoke browser, command=MISE -remote
openURL(http://www.javaworld.c
 om)

 Caught: java.io.IOException: MISE: not found

 $

> java BrowseControl http://www.yahoo.com

 Could not invoke browser, command=explorer -remote
openURL(http://www.javawor
 ld.com)

 Caught: java.io.IOException: explorer: not found

TIA,
Sudha

Sudha Ramanujan
SunGard Futures Systems