> If you close the ResultSet, the Statement remains open (as does the
> Connection).  If you close the Statement (without
> closing the ResultSet) The Statement is closed but the Connection is still
> and the ResultSet object still has scope.

I'm just curious - how does it correspond to the statement from JDBC
documentation (interface java.sql.ResultSet, method close()):

"A ResultSet object is automatically closed by the Statement object that
generated it when that Statement object is closed, re-executed, or is used
to retrieve the next result from a sequence of multiple results. A ResultSet
object is also automatically closed when it is garbage collected."

Does it mean IBM goes its own way here?  :)