[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
Hi,

I am trying to configure Tomcat for Apache on iSeries V5R1 but it
seems more difficult than I expected.
It is quite easy to create an Apache server and the system I work on
has the latest appropriate PTF (SF99156).
However, when I follow the standard guidelines that the relevant
literature provides (configuring via the GUI from
http://servername:2001/HTTPAdmin[1] ) I get error messages:
1. After selecting my http server I choose /Basic ASF Tomcat
Wizard/ and from the screen that appears I click next.
Then, a long java class exception message appears:
Error: 500
Location: /HTTPAdmin/Frame/tc.taskIpBasic/NIKSERVER1/Next
Internal Servlet Error:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/xerces/parsers/DOMParser
java/lang/Throwable.(Ljava/lang/String;)V+4 (Throwable.java:94)
  com/ibm/as400/httpsvr/data/DOMParser.()V+0 (DOMParser.java:93)

  com/ibm/as400/httpsvr/data/XMLFile.read(Ljava/lang/String;)Z+0
    (XMLFile.java:114)
  com/ibm/as400/httpsvr/data/ServerXML.read(Ljava/lang/String;)Z+ 0
ServerXML.java:69)... ..
      etc.
..where NIKSERVER1 is the name of my http server. Up to this
point, I cannot see anywhere an option to install JSP samples.

2. The same thing happens when I use the /ASF Tomcat Setup task/ link
instead of Basic ASF Tomcat Wizard. After choosing /Enable
servlets../ from the first screen, the Java version and the process
(in or out-process, without changing anything in the java classpath
entries) and clicking next from this second screen, I get the same
error message as before.

I ´ve also downloaded tomcat 4.0.4, istall and run it as a
standalone servlet engine on iSeries, and it is OK (not configured though)

Please, can anybody help?
Thanks in advance
Nick

MSN Photos is the easiest way to share and print your photos: Click Here[2]