----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary L Peskin" <garyp@firstech.com>
To: <java400-l@midrange.com>
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2002 12:36 PM
Subject: RE: Support of Visual Age...

> VAJ is, I believe, slated for the junk heap in 2004 so it will be around
> for awhile.  When I said that WSAD has all of the features of VAJ, that
> wasn't quite right.  At the moment, WSAD is designed for server-side
> development.  This means that it doesn't have VCE and, AFAIK, this is
> not planned.  I think IBM is hoping that some third party will step
> forward and provide this.  I never used VCE anyway, so I wasn't too
> focused on that.

I am sure I am not the only person that would like to see the VCE in some
shape or form in Eclipse.  Initially I found it extremely difficult to
adjust to the VCE way of doing things.  Now that I have been using it for a
while it has grown on me and I would love to be able to continue using the
VCE in Eclipse, but I fear this will not be the case.  I have heard numerous
times that IBM hopes somebody will "step up" and produce a VCE for Eclipse,
but has anybody heard if IBM has any future plans to port the current VCE to
Eclipse?  I would hate to see a year of VCE growing pains wasted to have to
learn another VCE.

Robert