I replaced the jt400.jar file from the webserver with the one downloaded
from JTOpen, included in (JTOpen_2_04.zip).  The other jars are not loaded
so I think it's the only one I need.

Restarted webserver, no luck...

Anyone who have a lead where to start...

Applicationflow in short, ahum...:

USER 1:
-------
User1 logs on
get's a new HttpSession
get's a new connection
connection in commit(false) mode
connection in transactionisolation(connection.TRANSACTION_REPEATABLE_READ)
connection saved into HttpSession
htmlmenu displayed

JSP1_selectionscreen loaded
connection retrieved from HttpSession
connection used to load bean_data
JSP1-selectionscreen display results

selectionfields filled
controllerservlet loaded
connection retrieved from HttpSession
data records retrieved with this connection (select * ...) (1a)
(re)store beans into HttpSession
forward to JSP2_list

JSP2_list loaded
JSP2_list records displayed

record selected with action 'update'
controllerservlet re-called
Connection retrieved from HttpSession
recorddetail retrieved with 'select * ... for update' (1b)
(re)store beans into HttpSession
forward to JSP3_detail

JSP3_detail loaded
JSP3_detail displayed

at this moment, the record is in 'lock' status.

USER 2:
-------
User2 logs on
get's a new HttpSession
get's a new connection
connection in commit(false) mode
connection in transactionisolation(connection.TRANSACTION_READ_UNCOMMITTED)
connection saved into HttpSession
htmlmenu displayed

JSP1_selectionscreen loaded
connection retrieved from HttpSession
connection used to load bean_data
JSP1-selectionscreen display results

selectionfields filled
controllerservlet loaded
connection retrieved from HttpSession
data records retrieved with this connection (select * ...) (2a)

at this moment an SQLException occurs: LOCK !!!

WRKOBJLCK AS400 at this point:
------------------------------
Following info at WRKOBJLCK on AS400

      Job         USER      LOCK        Status  Scope   Thread
(2a)  QZDASOINIT  QUSER     *SHRRD      HELD    *JOB
(1a)  QZDASOINIT  QUSER     *SHRRD      HELD    *JOB
(1b)                        *SHRRD      HELD    *JOB

WORK OBJECT LOCK DETAIL:
Record                                            Lock
Number  Job         User        Number  Status    Type
   160  QZDASOINIT  QUSER       777598  HELD      UPDATE
        QZDASOINIT  QUSER       777954  WAIT      READ