  • Subject: Re: Qshell authority
  • From: "Shawn Church" <shawn@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2001 17:53:57 -0600

Yes, I can run just fine as long as it starts.  I have been working in
Qshell for almost 2 years, but I've always had *ALLOBJ, so I don't know if
this is a new problem for V4R5 (which we went to in January, but we also
bought a new machine, so it was a scratch install), or if it existed with
V4R4 also.

I now have some new information which might provide more insight.  Issuing
the QSH command results in very little joblog information, but if I
interactively run a java program, the job quickly abends and produces a dump
and joblog, which I have attached.

You will see some messages about lack of authority to a QSYS locale called
QLGPGCMA, but I have granted *ALL authority to this object to QUSER2 (as
well as *PUBLIC, which is redundant), as you can see here:

                           Display Object Authority

Object . . . . . . . :   QLGPGCMA        Owner  . . . . . . . :   QSYS
  Library  . . . . . :     QSYS          Primary group  . . . :   *NONE
Object type  . . . . :   *LOCALE

Object secured by authorization list  . . . . . . . . . . . . :   *NONE

                         Object
User        Group       Authority
QSYS                    *ALL
QUSER2                  *ALL
*PUBLIC                 *ALL

So the authority messages in the joblog appear incorrect or are at least
misleading, but this is apparently the root of the problem.

Thanks,
Shawn