  • Subject: RE: beans and JSPs and stuff...
  • From: "Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:10:13 -0600

This was a very enlightening read.  I do see where I am still thinking like
a midrange programmer, but I also see the tendency to assume that if we did
use JSPs, Beans and Servlets that it would all be done correctly and in a
best case scenario.  As we know, this is never the case.

CGI isn't perfect, I'll admit that.  But, in a best case scenario, a lot can
be done.
JSPs, beans and servlets aren't perfect either.  In a best case scenario,
again, a lot can be done.

But we have to remember that no one is perfect, not every shop as a team of
programmers, another of web designers, etc.. etc... which is seems is the
assumption when comparing these technologies.

Brad