Brad,  I'm sort of learner, but I've spent a lot of my life working on and
modifying other people's code.... actually, some of my own... but years
later.

Things that make it easier for me to figure out what is going on.....

You've got "Library", "FileName", "Where" as variables that start with
Capitals.... generally, classes start with capitals.

I think I'm in a minority, but I like to define everything at the beginning
of a function, unless it is truely local.  This makes it easier to see
naming patterns when you are picking up somebody's code.  If' you have to
add a new variable, parameter, etc., it's easier to see what is already
used, and make your new piece fit in with the pattern.

Again, as somebody who might have to pick up the code.. I prefer longer
names.  They are a pain to type, but much easier to understand a year
later.  I have used short names while coding/debuging, then used
find/replace to make them more human readable.

Just my two cents... Nick

"Stone, Brad V (TC)" <bvstone@taylorcorp.com>@midrange.com on 02/09/2001
08:31:52 AM

Please respond to JAVA400-L@midrange.com