  • Subject: Re: INSERT data in JTABLE
  • From: Raghavendra Rao <raghavendra_rao@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2000 06:47:15 -0800 (PST)

Hello All,
I found the answer in an another forum for the dyanmic
data addition in  a JTable, only I dont know who this
works !!!! heh, heh, help please.
alright, Here is what he says

>Anyway, I am assuming that u want to use the
>constructor JTable(Vector rowData, Vector
columnNames) >and that u need to show the DataObjects
properties as >the rowData for the table.You already
have the >columnName vector(great!). The rowData
vector
>actually is a vector of vectors. So you need to
>construct the same. The vector of DataObjects would
>not do the trick. What u need to do is to make a
>vector out of a the DataObject (how about a
>getDataVector()method in DataObject ?) and then add
it >to another Vector, and use this vector in the
>constructor.  The get DataVector method should return
>vector containing the 5 properties of the DataObject
>Adding a row to the table would be achieved by adding
>an element(vector of 5 properties in your case) to
the >rowData vector and calling the
fireTableDataChanged().
>Another thought in the same line would be to use
>DefaultTableModel to construct the table as it
>maintains the vector internally.  I hope u get
>the Idea.
JTable jt = new JTable(vec, columnNames);  //vec is my
data Vector
scrPayments.getViewport().add(jt);
 //scrPayments is
a scrollpane

for(int i = 0; i < vec.size(); i++){

jt.setValueAt(((Vector)vec.elementAt(i)).elementAt(0),
i, 0);

jt.setValueAt(((Vector)vec.elementAt(i)).elementAt(1),
i, 1);

jt.setValueAt(((Vector)vec.elementAt(i)).elementAt(2),
i, 2);

jt.setValueAt(((Vector)vec.elementAt(i)).elementAt(3),
i, 3);

jt.setValueAt(((Vector)vec.elementAt(i)).elementAt(4),
i, 4);
}

Whats happening here,
Thanx again,