  • Subject: Re: Help Setting up AS400 as Web server
  • From: Tom Heiber-Cobb <heibercobb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1999 08:58:19 -0500

Vineet,
        I'm sure a few folks on the list will be able to help you out here. I'll
offer this:
        One way is to make sure you've started the ADMIN webserver running on
your
/400 as in: STRTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(*ADMIN)
Once that's running, use your web browser and point to
http://<system_name>:2001
You should be prompted for a username and password.
Sign on, and when the page loads, click on the link for the HTTP Server.
(depending on the horsepower of your box, don't be too surpised if this is
slow)
In the left frame, click on the Configuration and Administration link.
Again, in the left frame, click on Configuration. In the dropdown box,
select the configuration description you want to work with (DON'T CHANGE
THE ADMIN CONFIG!). Probably the one labeled CONFIG (this represents the
DEFAULT HTTP configuration).
Click on the link for Java Servlets.
In the right frame there should be two check boxes to enable URL invocation
and JSP. Check them both(or at least the URL invocation box). Click the
Apply button.
If the server(DEFAULT) is running I would suggest ending it and restarting it.
ENDTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(DEFAULT) [wait for it to end]
STRTCPSVR SERVER(*HTTP) HTTPSVR(DEFAULT)
You can also do this from within the browser admin interface.
  In the left frame click on Server Instances, after the list drops down
select   Work with server instances, select the DEFAULT instance in the
dropdown box   on the right frame and click on the Stop button. Of course
to start it up   again, press Start.
Your config file will include directives to launch the necessary program
which should enable the use of servlets.
Hope this gets you going!
Good luck,
        Tom H-C