Made big progress.

First of all, WRKSBS. If you don't see QWAS7 that's a BIG clue.

Then in all the documentation where it says app_server_root if you change
ProdData to UserData that's a big help. Also drop ND and replace it with
SametimeWAS. My sample would be:
/QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/Appserver/v7/SametimeWAS

A sample session:
QSH

cd
/QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/Appserver/v7/SametimeWAS/profiles/STSCDMgrProfile/bin
serverStatus -all
ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file

/QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/Appserver/v7/SametimeWAS/profiles/STSCDMgrProfile/logs/serverStatus.log
ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the STSCDMgrProfile profile
ADMU0503I: Retrieving server status for all servers
ADMU0505I: Servers found in configuration:
ADMU0506I: Server name: dmgr
ADMU0509I: The Deployment Manager "dmgr" cannot be reached. It appears
to be
stopped.
$

startManager dmgr
CPC1221: Job 253872/QEJBSVR/DMGR submitted to job queue QWASJOBQ in
library
QWAS7.
CWNATV00I: Application server dmgr in profile STSCDMgrProfile has
started and is ready to accept connections on admin port 9060.
$

serverStatus -all
ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file
/QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/Appserver/v7/SametimeWAS/profiles/STSCDMgrProfile/logs/serverStatus.log
ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the STSCDMgrProfile profile
ADMU0503I: Retrieving server status for all servers
ADMU0505I: Servers found in configuration:
ADMU0506I: Server name: dmgr
Realm/Cell Name: <default>
Username:
xxxx
Password:
ADMU0508I: The Deployment Manager "dmgr" is STARTED
$

cd ..
cd ..
cd STSCAppProfile
cd bin

startNode
CPC1221: Job 253906/QEJBSVR/NODEAGENT submitted to job queue QWASJOBQ in

library QWAS7.
CWNATV01I: Application server nodeagent in profile STSCAppProfile has
started.
$

startServer STConsoleServer
CPC1221: Job 253919/QEJBSVR/STCONSOLES submitted to job queue QWASJOBQ
in
library QWAS7.
CWNATV01I: Application server STConsoleServer in profile STSCAppProfile
has started.
$

serverStatus -all -username xxxx -password yyyy
ADMU0116I: Tool information is being logged in file

/QIBM/UserData/WebSphere/Appserver/v7/SametimeWAS/profiles/STSCAppProfile/logs/serverStatus.log
ADMU0128I: Starting tool with the STSCAppProfile profile
ADMU0503I: Retrieving server status for all servers
ADMU0505I: Servers found in configuration:
ADMU0506I: Server name: STConsoleServer
ADMU0506I: Server name: nodeagent
ADMU0508I: The Application Server "STConsoleServer" is STARTED
ADMU0508I: The Node Agent "nodeagent" is STARTED
$

F3 to exit QSH.

Remember, we are in the STSCAppProfile and not the STSCDMgrProfile. That
is why we don't see the deployment manager (dmgr). But it's there - you'd
have to go back to that directory to run serverStatus to see it. Here's
someplace else you can check.
WRKSBSJOB QWAS7
Job
DMGR
NODEAGENT
STCONSOLES

Now I can go to
http://sscsametime02.dekko.com:9060/ibm/console
and log in. On the browser I can see
Suite Name Version
WebSphere Application Server 7.0.0.15
Sametime System Console 8.5.2.1
Clicking on to Sametime System Console works!

I can play around with scripting this sometime for starting up when IPL
occurs (or as close as we want it to). Also the orderly shutdown steps we
use when bringing the system down into restricted state.