We are using Mimix to replicate data from GDIHQ1 to GDIHQ2. We test our
fail over every other month. Just did it last weekend.

We use Domino clustering between GDDATA, GDDATA2, GDDATA3, between
NOTES01, NOTES02, NOTES03 and so on.

Right now, since we do not have our WRKRDBDIRE ducks in a row when an
agent on GDDATA (and GDDATA is on GDIHQ1) tries to connect to GDIHQ it
cannot when we are running failover it cannot connect. Mimix puts a lock
on the files to avoid anyone from updating data there when they should be
running on GDIHQ2. There is a window of opportunity in between the start
of the lpar and when Mimix finishes locking all the files. When a switch
is performed the IP address is turned off on both machines, the locks all
released and processing started on the other machine and which machine has
the locks is reversed. A general summary. There are 3 phases:
Phase 1. Switch from GDIHQ1 to GDIHQ2.
Phase 2. Reenable replication from GDIHQ2 to GDIHQ1 to allow data to
resync.
Phase 3. Switch from GDIHQ2 to GDIHQ1.