That's what I thought you might be talking about.

Thanks to you and Chris for your input.  Sounds like there's no reason to
be backing up the QNOTES and QUSRNOTES libraries.  Wonder how much tape
space that will save me....

Patrick

domino400-bounces+ptrapp=nex-tech.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 08/02/2005
02:47:30 PM:

> I was referring to a server a to server b scenario.  In such a scenario
> you would only restore the directory shown by the option 12 of WRKDOMSVR
> and then run the CFGDOMSVR.  You would not restore the
> /QIBM/UserData/Lotus directories.
> I do back the '/QIBM/UserData/Lotus directories also.  But I wonder just
> how dynamic they really are.
>
> Rob Berendt
> --
> Group Dekko Services, LLC
> Dept 01.073
> PO Box 2000
> Dock 108
> 6928N 400E
> Kendallville, IN 46755
> http://www.dekko.com
>

> "Patrick Trapp" <ptrapp@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent by: domino400-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> 08/02/2005 02:33 PM
> Please respond to
> Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

> Lotus Domino on the iSeries / AS400 <domino400@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
> cc
>
> Subject
> Re: Backing up multi-version releases
>

> The data directory you see via Option 12 is the data directory I was
> referring to -- I write it to savefile using a SAV command in my CL
> program
> every night, along with the /QIBM/UserData/Lotus directories.
>
> I'm not sure what you mean by "get it back into the other misc
> '/QIBM/UserData/Lotus' genre of directories", though.  Are you saying
that
> I need to restore the data directory, CFGDOMSVR, then restore
> /QIBM/UserData/Lotus?
>
> I'm not following the reference to TCP/IP configuration unless you are
> using that as a way to transfer your saved data from server A to server
B.