According to the readme for the hotfix:

Apply this hotfix only if you are working in conjunction with the Trend
Micro's product support group on an issue:

- Pupdate task crashes inside download process on AS400

- Pupdate task download failed because entries inside "server.ini" could
not
read properly

Also, it is supposed to correct any problems with the Active Update (this
runs under pupdate anyway).

I don't have my QNOTES set to *ALLOBJ - here's an email I sent to trend on
that:

I had already made QNOTES *SECOFR. From my own iSeries experience and
comments of others in the iSeries community, TrendMicro has an extremely
flawed implementation of IFS and iSeries security with this latest
release.

Anyway, I also have previously added QSECOFR with all authority to IFS
folders. This should not have to be since QSECOFR has *ALLOBJ special
authority, but I did that per other instructions in technotes at your
website.

For my IFS folder structure, QNOTES is the owner AND QSECOFR is listed as
a profile with all access rights to ALL FILES in the entire directory
structure from the root on down.

As stated earlier, I have already changed the QNOTES profile in the past
to be *SECOFR against my better judgement. Before I grant that profile
*ALLOBJ authority I will have to get you to conference me in a phone call
with someone at Lotus support and they tell me that I should change that
profile. This is an IBM/Lotus supplied profile and I don't want to change
it any further. It isn't a best practice for iSeries programs to require
that IBM user profiles be changed.

And after that e-mail I had to send this one:

This is not acceptable. I have applied this twice and I followed the
procedure word for word on each occasion. A third apply is not going to
magically make the product work.

They actually wanted me to apply the hotfix a third time because it
"wasn't installed correctly". After that email someone finally called me
who got me fixed.

Chris Whisonant
Comporium
Senior Mid-Range Systems Administrator
IBM eServer Certified Systems Expert - iSeries Technical Solutions V5R2
IBM Certified Associate System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 6
803.326.7270 (W)
803.326.6142 (F)